Monday, April 20, 2015

Using the Cane Handle

Today’s drill is all about applying the cane handle when I am at punching distance.

Usually I apply the cane as a balance enhancing tool when I am kicking.

But the same thing that enhances my balance also ties up my arm when I get to punching distance during training.

Again I have three basic options.

I can put the cane aside when I am not using it.

It can get in the way and tie up one or both of my arms.

I can use the cane as a tool of training.

Today I am applying the cane handle when I punch.

A word of warning here.

Know that I have been doing this for a long time.

I have strong wrists and a powerful punch.

This ability to use the cane in the manner shown took time and effort to develop.

Done correctly, this is a strong move.

If it is done wrong it can lead to injuries.

You have been warned!
http://youtu.be/RCHs3vWNeKQ
Without prejudice


No comments:

Post a Comment