Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Cane-It is Not a Sword

http://youtu.be/Ce24iOISEGs

I use my cane to assist me when I walk. This makes it a medical assistance device. Because I also train in Martial Arts, I practice with the cane too. It is a blunt, light, wooded pole about three feet long.

On the other hand, a sword is a three foot razor blade (or longer) that is balanced for cutting and thrusting. It can be deadly.

While a cane is about the same length as a sword, it is a different creature. It is built to sustain constant downward pressure. If I strike with it (like I might use a sword), I stand a good chance of breaking it.

Therefore, care must be taken in training to know how far, fast and hard I can go without breaking it (or me;-).

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment