Monday, April 29, 2013

The Cane used as a follow up to an Inside Hooking Block

http://youtu.be/a7LFEgLpdkg

As I said yesterday, combining Cane techniques with bare hand skills is really just a matter of inspection, innovation and practice.

Today, I use the same hand to perform an Inside Hooking Block and a Palmheel Thrust to the face. I shift forward and execute a front ball of the foot kick to the shin. I withdraw my kicking leg back to the Bow.

 I then bring my cane up to the fifth grip (about a third, a third and a third) and thrust to his body. I step through and finish with a high cross check before withdrawing back to guard.

This drill is just that, a drill. It should be done slowly until proficiency is attained. Only then will real speed and power become available.

A Warning, this is a Deceptively Dangerous Drill!

With its simplicity, it is easy to get carried away with the intensity of training!

Great Care (and NO CONTACT) should be maintained when practicing with a partner!!!

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment