Wednesday, February 3, 2016

A Third Basic Cane Retention Drill

(WARNING: These drills are very challenging and should only be learned from a qualified expert.)

What I am showing is for demonstration only.

It is with some trepidation that I show these drills at all.

Because on the face of it; they look simple and straight forward.

But Make No Mistake: cane retention can be a messy, violent business…


Again, this is NOT the entire way to retain my short staff.

It is part of a much larger series of movements and strategies.

These are designed to keep me in safe and in possession of my cane.

This exercise is design against someone who has grasped the center of my Cane.


This is for the end of the cane being grabbed.

I am standing in Neutral with the cane end extended in front of me (where my attacker grabs it).

I step forward and the cane as shown in the 12th grip (which is really a version of the 5th grip).

Then I step back as I draw the cane close to my side.

I circle to the outside and down (as shown).


This actually reads as quite complicated but it is not…


Everything associated with these drills happens very close up (closer than punching distance).
https://youtu.be/-UCdwoByuGE
Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment