Monday, February 1, 2016

One Basic Cane Retention Drill

(WARNING: These drills are very challenging and should only be learned from a qualified expert.)

What I am showing is for demonstration only.

It is with some trepidation that I show these drills at all.

Because on the face of it; they look simple and straight forward.

But Make No Mistake: cane retention can be a messy, violent business…

Also, this is NOT the entire way to retain my short staff.

It IS part of a much larger series of movements and strategies.

These are designed to keep me in safe and in possession of my cane.

This exercise is design against someone who has grasped the center of my Cane.

I am standing in Neutral with the cane in the 5th drip.

I step forward and row my cane overhand as shown.

Then I step back and repeat on the other side.

Everything associated with these drills happens very close up (closer than punching distance).
https://youtu.be/q6hUq5sCG1A
Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment