Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Jab and The Slide In Front Kick

I think it was John Lennon who said, “Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans.”

That is accurate enough and in this case but I’ve dealt with the life part. It’s time to get back into the swing of things. To that end, I’m going to be posting a short journal every day from now on until Christmas Day when I’ll break for the holidays.

Today (at YouTube) I posted a very short demonstration of me executing a jab and a slide in front kick. I put a great deal of emphasis on these two techniques, especially when teaching beginners. Both techniques, when properly done, have real power. However, they are mostly used to set up other more powerful strikes. The jab and the slide in front kick have a way of making any opponent react defensively.

Someone once remarked, "A good left jab can be a boy's best friend."

A girl's too...

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment