Monday, November 1, 2010

Inside Hooking Block and Counter Punch

This is very similar to what I was doing yesterday.
The main difference is that I’m blocking the attack off to the side.
This would work better if the attack were a bit lower on the face.

Some people call these blocks ‘slap’ blocks; that is as good a name as any.
The block should feel like nothing to the blocker.
It is the attacker who should feel the shock and pain of the block.

It took me a long time to learn to just flick out my arm.
To just slap an attacking fist to the side went against the grain.
And once I got the idea, it still requires constant practice.
I find blocking is a high maintenance activity.
Constant solo drills and constant two man drills are an absolute for me.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment