Sunday, January 16, 2011

Palm heel forehand hammering strikes

Last week I bruised my right third and fourth knuckles. I did it while punching the heavy bag (color me embarrassed).

So this week I’m working on using the palm heel. There are two surfaces that I use when striking. One is the underside of the forearm side of the palm heel.

Today I’m practicing with the forehand strikes. I usually practice with either the overhand forehand hammering strike or the horizontal forehand hammering strike. Kinda like forehand swings in tennis.

I find the real advantage of using the palm heel is that all I have to do to make a ‘palm heel’ is bend my hand back…

I have always found that there are as many disadvantages to using open handed strikes as there are to using fists to strike with.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment