Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The 2nd Grip on the Cane and the Forehand Swing at Punching Distance

http://youtu.be/CGfkqpkvUwY

Working with the Cane at punching distance poses significant challenges. This is true when using it in a Forehand Swing too.

Today, I am practicing the Forehand Swing at punching range.

Cane control is a matter of knowledge put into practice. I know what I am doing and I do it.

The Cane grip in this case is one where my wrist moves very little.

If there is a bag in the way, I drive into it then withdraw the Cane back the way I came.

If there is no resistance, this swing looks very similar to the one I did at long range. However, there are major differences in the application and in the recovery between the two distances.

Control of the Cane must be emphasized at all times. Power, precision and confidence come this control of the Cane.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment