Thursday, March 26, 2015

A Fourth Horizontal Strikes with the Cane in the 5th Grip

Similar to yesterday’s drill, except…

This drill is done against a slow but powerful punch to the body from someone at punching distance.

This time I block down instead of up before I swing the cane end along a horizontal plane.

This means I start with the cane at shoulder height.

I use the middle of the cane to block as shown.

Then I rechamber before swinging the end of the cane out.

When I block, I keep one hand still.

I make sure I go all the way through with my block so that I can see under my arm.

Then I rechamber with both hands up.

Only at this point to I keep one hand still as I drive the other end out into my attacker.

It does not matter which end I use to strike with as long as I strike with the wood of the cane shaft.

(To reiterate: I do drive through with the cane shaft. I do not use the hook or the rubber tip.)
http://youtu.be/WX_7hDc7J6s
Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment