Friday, December 13, 2013

The Forward Spin Half Kick

http://youtu.be/No6OnXq3hLA
The last two days have shown me practicing what amount to back kicks that are half the distance of regular back kicks.

These two short back kicks have a couple of similarities. One is they happen at the same distance while the other is that they start from the same position.

Both happen at the same distance. With my feet together and turned away, I can turn my body sideways to the target and touch it with my extended elbow.

I start at attention with my arm sideways to my body and my elbow touching. I step back to a Leading Horse Stance.

It is at this point that the similarities end.

Rather than explain it, watch the video. There are major similarities with all four kicks demonstrated this week.

There are also major differences.

As I said before:

 “A picture is worth a thousand words.”

I did a lot of slow, careful, regular practices until it is an easy movement.

And I had to modify it to suit my own nature.

And I had to keep practicing it in order to keep the skill.

Without prejudice



No comments:

Post a Comment