Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Front Snap Kick with the Ball of the Foot

http://youtu.be/UZPOVHHo49Y
Whether I am kicking with a bare foot or with my runners, when I use the ball of the foot the strike with my foot is pulled back like I am standing on my heel. The runner make it look like I am kicking with the point of the toe but I am actually using the ball of the foot.

It is different if I practice with boots on. The foot formation is exactly the same but the inflexibility of the boot means I have to aim with the point of the toe.

Never the less, the foot is pulled up and then toes are pulled up whether a am kicking with a bare foot or a shod one. The foot must be formed correctly or I will injure myself when I kick.

There are two other things here. I keep my head up (and my chin down) as I look at the target out of the corner of my eye. Whenever I practice kicking, I keep at least one hand head height and ready to defend with.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment