Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Roundhouse Kick with the Toe of the Boot

http://youtu.be/NG2-hT8fEJU
Today I am kicking with work boots. They have no flex in their sole or in the ankle. The sole grips the ground solidly and they are heavy too.

I use only the toe of my boot to strike with. The foot is formed inside the boot so that I am kicking only with the toe when performing this kick.

I prefer to use the ball of the foot but that is not possible when wearing work boots.

Again, regardless of kick, the foot must be formed correctly (even inside the boot) or I will injure myself when I kick.

Even so, after several kicks I can feel the impact of my toes on the inside of the boot. If I had to kick a lot of things in a short amount of time with this kick, I would not enjoy it (and my feet are conditioned).

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment