Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Slide in Kicks of Yellow Belt

This week I’m practicing a few kicks from each belt level for Kisae Kempo. First I demonstrate the move slow and then I’ll do it fast. For some days, I’ve done the kicks bare foot and on others, I’m wearing shoes. Both ways are necessary for a firm ability to kick effectively.

Today I’m demonstrating the slide in kicks of Yellow Belt. The first is a basic top of the foot snap kick to the groin. The second is an offset top of the foot kick which I can aim for the outside of the thigh, or the short ribs of my attacker. The third kick is a top of the foot roundhouse kick to the inside of the thigh, the groin or higher into the solar plexus. The fourth kick is side thrust kick to the groin, bladder or the solar plexus of a forward facing man.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment