Saturday, March 9, 2013

Forms of Recovery- The Lock-Out

http://youtu.be/eFzvyOJucG4

*Please Note: There are many different systems of Kenpo (and Martial arts in general) that use this idea. I am not proposing anything new here.

Recovering from a thrust may be done in several different ways. Today I am using a Forefist Thrust with a ‘Lock-Out’ a complete lack of recovery. I have to tense up my body at the end of the blow in order not to hurt myself.

In the ‘Lock-Out’, I leave my thrust fully extended. This is not the best way or the only way to thrust but it is one way. Other forms of recovery are based on this and without the ‘Lock-Out’ they are impossible to perform.

The ‘Lock-Out’ makes for a great practice method that teaches distance, focus, point of contact, point of finish and depth of penetration. It teaches me to commit yet if my balance is even a little off, the ‘Lock-Out’ will throw me off balance.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment