Saturday, March 16, 2013

Using the Forward Bow

http://youtu.be/KdJog-egfns

I was originally taught that ‘Stances were just pauses in movement’. The stance was just a way to be balanced, focused and able. I could use it or getting into it (or out of it) to add strength, power and speed to my movement. I could also add or decrease the distance.

In essence, the move was the thing, not the pause. The pause allowed me to do things while still briefly.

Today, I am moving into and out of a Forward Bow Stance. I have sixty percent of my weight on my lead leg and forty percent on my back leg. I face either completely forward or a turn slightly depending upon what I wish to accomplish.

I can move in any direction a lot or a little. A shuffle or a stepthrough carry me along way while a half shuffle or a short double leg lung carry just into or just out of range.

The Forward Bow allows me to use both hands and both legs. It also provides a stable platform that presents my front to an attacker. This allows to see what is coming at me clearly. It also combines easily with a Neutral Stance, Cat Stance, Crane Stance or other deeper stances as they may be needed.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment