Friday, November 8, 2013

Another Four Strike Cane Drill

http://youtu.be/BsTstv82o_M
Again, I hold the Cane in the fifth grip with the hook pointed toward me. I stand so I my knuckles can touch the bag with my arms fully extended.

This is a simple side to side striking drill using only the back of the hook. This is high on one side, low on the other, then low on the first side and finishing with high on the second side. It actually reads as quite complex but it is not.

The drill is as shown and this time I do comment on it; I torque my hips into each strike. I am careful not to hit the bag too hard or drive too far in (no more than three inches).

Canes do break (or in the case of metal ones; bend), so care must be taken to hit with authority but not too hard.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment