Thursday, November 21, 2013

Crossdownward Palm Heel Block/Check/Counter

http://youtu.be/xymrZj3Lw-w
My attacker executes a stepthrough punch to my body that ends with us facing each other with the same leg forward (left versus left).

Both my hands are high in a Forward Bow with both shoulders square.

I execute a Crossdownward Palm Heel Block with my lead arm. I check his still extended arm with my rear arm at the same time I counterpunch with my lead arm.

Then I follow up with several more counter punches before withdrawing.

Giving the attacker a target and then taking it away is absolutely vital to making this drill work.

Also, the first block and the check with the first counter are done with no hip torque. Only when I go to execute the second counter punch do I turn into my punch.

Oddly enough, the second counter is number three in the drill.

One is the block.

Two is the check with simultaneous counter.

Three is the second counter (this one with hip torque)

Four is the third counter punch.

From here I reset.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment