Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Downward Parry then Slide in Offset Kick

http://youtu.be/KAxRBU3ZML8
 Against a powerful attack like a slide in side kick; this defense works very well.

As he kicks, I shift back from a Forward Bow to a Front Cat. At the same time, I execute a Downward Parry which deflects the kick slightly to the side.

It is vitally important that I shift away in order to have him extend his leg fully. It is equally vital that I parry his kick (instead off a hard block). This combination places me in a safe place and forces the kicker to follow up when he is out of position or to pull back in order to regroup.

If he strikes with his lead backfist after he kicks; I block before countering.

If he withdraws, I follow with a Slide in Offset Kick.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment