Thursday, September 24, 2015

The Backhand Knifehand Thrust

Yesterday I performed the Forehand Knifehand Swing.

Today I am executing the Backhand Knifehand Thrust.

The video shows how to do this better than the written word.

However, there are a few important points worth reiterating.

I hold my Knifehand as shown in a firm manner and strike with the edge of the palm.

I make it a point to pull back my opposite hand as I strike.

I turn my hips forward as I execute my backhand thrusting motion.

Some would call this a ‘reverse rotation’.

I posture is erect and my core is firm and my stomach clenched.

I am relaxed as I strike yet I I tighten up as I make contact.

As I said, the writing is much more complicated than the doing (or even watching).
https://youtu.be/5j0brMW4bWA
Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment