Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Cane- Another Grip Changing Drill

 http://youtu.be/GbPbvT89V_0

Today I am concentrating on measuring the distance of two different ranges with the tip of my cane.

I hold it in the fourth grip (about a third of the way down) and extend my arm. I keep my body still (no stepping yet). 

From this position, I pull the cane closer to my body and grasp it in the fifth grip (a third, a third and a third).

Once again, I extend my arms and measure where the point is.

I switch back and forth between these two ranges. I also practice this on both sides.

This drill is about developing my ability to switch distances (and in this instance that means switching grips).

This is simple enough done once but not so simple when done many times in a few minutes per day (every day of the week, week after week).

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment