Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Defending against a Left Hand Cane Grab

http://youtu.be/30PNfBv0TS8

Up until now, after the initial Cane defense drill, I withdraw back to a guarded position.

Today I demonstrate a DRILL of what to do if my initial defense is unsuccessful and the attacker advances and grabs my cane with his Left hand.

Keep in mind that an aggressive attacker who has just defended himself (from my defense) and is advancing upon me will likely be even angrier than when he started his initial assault and he will be moving quickly.

I slide my hand up to make contact with his left hand. This minimizes his grip on the Cane as it pulls me closer to it (the Cane).

I use my right leg to kick the outside of his left leg. This destabilizes him. It also places me slightly to the closed side of him.

I use my weight and the distraction of the kick to fall into a right forward bow as I drive the hook of the cane into his head.

If he still as not let go or move away (or fallen back), I drive the back of the hook into his body and then into his face before withdrawing.

In this DRILL, I am primarily combining stepping (and a kick) with the Cane techniques described.

This is a complex series of moves and must be done many, many times or they will not become a reflex when (or if necessary).

Without prejudice



No comments:

Post a Comment