Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Making the Forefist

http://youtu.be/5tjtae9X5AI

Making the Forefist correctly, for me, took quite a while. First, I had to overcome some bad habits.

Next, once I had learned the basic Forefist formation, I had to learn to hold my fist in that formation. That took a long time, effort and perseverance.

Making the Forefist by aligning the knuckles and cocking the thumb correctly and straightening the wrist allows the fist to absorb impact with minimum damage. However, there 27 bones in the human hand. There are numerous ligaments, tendons, etc. Proper formation of the hand is vital to being able to punch fast and land hard.

In the video, I explain how to form the Forefist.

Conditioning also plays a large part in the use of the Forefist.

*Warning: Conditioning the Forefist is a lengthy and complex process that I will not go into here save that an unconditioned Forefist is a poor weapon that is easily damaged. Conditioning correctly is an absolute must. But it is a slow, laborious process that should be done under the guidance of an experienced and knowledgeable expert.


Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment