Thursday, May 23, 2013

Using the Basic Forefist Thrust to measure the ‘Depth of Penetration’

http://youtu.be/sPhVdofcx_8


That means I am punching through the heavy bag. I control my punch and simply allow the heavy bag to get in the way.

The ‘Depth of Penetration’ is the difference between the ‘Point of Contact’ and the ‘Point of Finish’.

Today I am performing the ‘Depth of Penetration’ by punching through my ‘Point of Contact’ to the ‘Point of Finish’ on the heavy bag while executing a basic straight Forefist thrust.

In the two drills I practice today, I drive in about four inches.

These are hard driving thrusts. They are not quick light stinging blows.

Incidentally, one is not better than the other. They serve different purposes and are often used in various combinations.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment