Thursday, May 2, 2013

Defending against a Right Hand Cane Grab

http://youtu.be/yMEEodTQ69M

Up until now, after the initial Cane defense drill, I withdraw back to a guarded position.

Today I demonstrate another DRILL of what to do if my initial defense is unsuccessful and the attacker advances and grabs my cane with his Right hand.

Keep in mind that an aggressive attacker who has just defended himself (from my defense) and is advancing upon me will likely be even angrier than when he started his initial assault and he will be moving quickly.

Now I could modify what I did yesterday and make it work against the grab.

Or I could do this:

I slide my hand up to make contact with his right hand. This minimizes his grip on the Cane as it pulls me closer to it (the Cane).  This gives more control of the Cane.

I use my right leg to kick him in the groin.

I use my weight as I fall forward and cross check him in the chest.

If he still as not let go or move away (or fallen back), I drive the back of the hook into his body and then into his face before withdrawing.

In this DRILL, I am primarily combining stepping (and a kick) with the Cane techniques described.

While this is similar in many ways to what I did yesterday, it too is a complex series of moves and must be done many, many times (as well) or they will not become a reflex when (or if necessary).

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment