Monday, October 7, 2013

The Palmheel Thrust

http://youtu.be/CytmRTuFqVw
I make a Palmheel just as I show in the video. I simply pull the palm back and expose the base of the palm. I can then use what I call the top of the Palmheel for thrusting. This is different than the bottom of the Palmheel which I will cover another day.

The disadvantage of using top of the Palmheel is that it exposes the fingers to damage. I also have to be closer to land a thrust. And if I am a little off, I can land the palm instead of the Palmheel which can cause damage to the wrist.


http://youtu.be/T9AnGiZCp5g
On the other hand, this thrust is very similar to the Forefist from the high guard with the rear arm.

The padding of top of the Palmheel allows for a very strong strike and it requires very little practice to form it (although using it is a slightly different story).

As I said before, constant practice will improve it so that it will become a reflex. Constant monitoring can improve it as well (occasionally observing oneself practicing in a mirror for instance).

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment