Monday, October 21, 2013

The Shift Forward Front Thrust Kick

http://youtu.be/Av-dw6SIR3w

The Front Thrust kick uses the same leg motions as the Front Snap Kick.

However, the Front Thrust Kick uses different foot positions.

I raise my kicking leg up as my foot is pulled up tight (like I am standing on my heel).

As I extend the leg out my foot remains pulled back.

Only when I make contact does my foot extend forward and ends extended.

This movement makes the kick momentum go forward (instead of upward).

I am shifting forward which means I am kicking with my back leg while moving forward.

This kick makes an excellent follow-up counter that drives into an attackers lower torso.

It literally will not matter if the attacker is wearing groin protection or not.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment