Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Mantis Block and then Multiple Counter Attacks

http://youtu.be/vybd35x3F0c

My lead arm performs a Mantis Block to guard my ribs from a punch to the body. Then I pause (or block again with the same arm). Only then do I perform three counter punches (at different heights). I finish with a Front Snap Kick at the groin height before resetting in the Bow.

The pause between the initial block and the initial counter attack is deliberate. There are other tactics that can be used on this attack but that is for another time. One of the reasons I pause in this drill is so that I can block again if necessary.

Learning to throw multiple counter attacks is simply one skill that this drill enforces. Learning to work the four different rhythms is another (the first block and pause and one rhythm, the three counters is a second rhythm, the shift away front kick is the third rhythm and the step down and back if the fourth rhythm).

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment