Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Cane and The Side Kick

http://youtu.be/Q-fcdPpD_Uw

Similar to what I did yesterday and the day before but this time I’m starting in a horse.

Using the Cane in the fifth grip, I advance from a Left Leading Horse Stance to a Left Leading Informal Attention Stance. I hook the end of the cane into the side of the bag in a high-low-center pattern. I follow-up with a left Side Kick and withdraw back to the Left Leading Horse stance.

I switch stances to a Right Leading Horse and repeat on that side.

This is somewhat more difficult than yesterday’s drill because the distance varies slightly between the cane strike and the kick. This distance must be accounted for or the kick will be jammed up and less effective.

Starting slowly, I concentrate on the correct distance and position. Then I build up my speed and power as the drill progresses.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment