Friday, August 16, 2013

Simultaneous Angled Palmheel Block with Counter Punch and follow-ups

http://youtu.be/r2oK_JtR_z8

My lead arm performs an Angled Palmheel Block as my rear arm performs a thrust punch. Then I perform several more follow-ups. 

The counters are the same as yesterday’s drill. Changing the block can be more challenging than it looks. I have added two front kicks at the end of this drill, as well.

Changing the punches to Knifehand thrusts as well as changing sides can be very challenging.

Essentially I strike six times in a row; however, the first strike is a ‘Simultaneous Angled Palmheel Block with Counter Punch’. The second counter is a punch while the third is a backhand Knifehand thrust. The fourth and fifth counters a punches and the sixth counter is a backhand Knifehand thrust. I finish with a shift away front kick followed by another front kick with my rear leg.

This drill is not about speed. It improves a lot of things but my concentration is on form, timing, focus and flow.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment