Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Simultaneous Outside Forearm Block with Counter Punch and follow-ups

http://youtu.be/XJH8vrtWByA

My lead arm performs an outside forearm block as my rear arm performs a thrust punch and I follow-up with three more punches. Then I perform three additional follow-ups before recovering.

It is unlikely that my follow-ups will be necessary if my initial punch is successful in damaging my attacker. It is unlikely they will even land (as I show in my video).

While follow-ups can be necessary in a real difficulty, they are also necessary in training for other reasons. They keep training interesting. They can improve timing and rhythm. They develop good reflexes. They teach me to keep going and be ready even if my initial counter is successful.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment