Sunday, August 11, 2013

Simultaneous Rising Block with Counter Punch and follow-ups

http://youtu.be/RZ-u6p4-8KI

 My lead arm performs a rising block as my rear arm performs a thrust punch and I follow-up with two more punches before recovering.

It is unlikely that my follow-ups will be necessary if my initial punch is successful in damaging my attacker. It is unlikely they will even land (as I show in my video).

However, if my initial punch is not successful, the follow-up counters will be absolutely necessary and they must be done as shown. There will be no time in the thick of conflict to ‘wait and see’ what damage the initial punch does. The initial counter is either powerful enough to knock him back or the attacker withdraws on his own or the follow-up counters will prove necessary or there will be a clash.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment