Thursday, August 15, 2013

Simultaneous Cross Downward Palmheel Block with Counter Punch and follow-ups

http://youtu.be/o0i1OcJbM_o
My lead arm performs a Cross Downward Palmheel Block as my rear arm performs a thrust punch. Then I perform several more follow-ups. 

The counters are the same as yesterday’s drill. Changing the block can be more challenging than it looks. I have also added a shift away front kick at the end of this drill, as well.

Essentially I strike six times in a row; however, the first strike is a ‘Simultaneous Cross Downward Palmheel Block with Counter Punch’. The second counter is a punch while the third is a backhand Knifehand thrust. The fourth and fifth counters a punches and the sixth counter is a backhand Knifehand thrust. I finish with a shift away front kick.

As with my other simultaneous block with counter drills; it is unlikely that my follow-ups will be necessary if my initial punch is successful in damaging my attacker. It is unlikely they will even land as the attacker will fall back or withdraw from the initial blow.

And as I have stated all this week, follow-ups in training are necessary for many reasons.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment