Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Simultaneous Mantis Hook Block with Counter Punch and follow-ups

http://youtu.be/bFD6Tf56Avg
My lead arm performs a mantis hook block as my rear arm performs a thrust punch. Then I perform several more follow-ups.

Essentially I strike six times in a row; however, the first strike is a ‘Simultaneous Mantis Hook Block with Counter Punch’. The third and sixth counters are backhand Knifehand thrusts. When I strike the heavy bag the rhythm is easy to hear.

As with my other simultaneous block with counter drills; it is unlikely that my follow-ups will be necessary if my initial punch is successful in damaging my attacker. It is unlikely they will even land as the attacker will fall back or withdraw from the initial blow.

Follow-ups in training, on the other hand, are necessary in training for many reasons.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment