Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Block Check Counter

http://youtu.be/9JFul6A0660

Just like the last two days; I demonstrate this tactic while covering my head and upper torso from Forefist thrusts.

Again, I give my attacker a target and in this case he tries to punch it with a hard driving thrust.

I block his punch.

I use my other arm to ‘check’ his arm (hold it in place for a fraction of a second).

Then I use my blocking arm to punch.

If I have blocked with my lead arm, I have no need to torque my hips into my punch.

However, if I have used my rear arm to block then I need to torque my rear arm into my counter or I will not be able to reach my attacker.

At this point I could be using follow up attacks depending upon the circumstances.

The rhythm is ‘one-two-three’.

As with all my techniques, these are hard driving blows that feel light and easy (until they land;).

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment