Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Side Kick

http://youtu.be/qVv0485Jifk

This kick is looks very similar to the roundhouse kick I did yesterday except that the leg and  foot is angled to hit with the heel.  And it to, usually works best against an opponent standing sideways to me.

I start in a leading horse stance. 

I shuffle forward to neutral and lift my knee as I bend my leg. I snap my leg out and drive my heel into my attacker’s groin.

I make it a point to withdraw it quickly.

I can also, shift away from the attacker while I am in a leading horse and kick with my lead leg.

Like yesterday (as well) there is no hip torque in a lead leg roundhouse kick done from a leading horse stance.
http://youtu.be/DgUDs4unzu0

Like yesterday’s kick, I put my hips into the side kick from the forward bow requires a full ninety degree by turning my lead leg and hips.

This too is actually a different kick than when I first practiced it years ago.

I prefer the three ways I execute it now. They work for me.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment