Friday, September 20, 2013

The Triple Strike Drill Finishing with a Forehand Knifehand

This is a center, low, high strike drill.



http://youtu.be/fsuAU7bKbVU

Once again, I practice this one from knuckle distance.

I punch center, then low but I after I punch center I wind up with that arm and drive a Forehand Knifehand high after I thrust low.

Like yesterday’s drill but a bit further back (as I put my hips into each strike) and my last strike is a forehand swing.

This particular striking drill on the heavy bag can only be done up to the swing. Then I have to stop as the bag has moved away (or I have to move to accompany the bags swing).

http://youtu.be/e-Vb032712w

Now I have a bit of a challenge for those of you who enjoy that sort of thing.

I have demonstrated ‘High, Low, Centre’ and I have demonstrated its reverse ‘Centre, Low, High’.

The challenge is to go ‘Low, High, Centre’. Start slow and call it out loud. Remember that the regular practice that concentrates on developing the rhythm is very important if you wish to build both speed and power.

Remember that these drills are a bit like ‘rock, paper, scissors’. They are novel and interesting and they can be challenging and fun.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment