Monday, September 9, 2013

The Offset Kick

http://youtu.be/nd_LOB-ZD8M

In many ways this kick is very similar to the front kick.  It usually works best against an opponent standing sideways to me.

I lift my knee as I bend my leg and snap my hips slightly forward and as I straighten the leg I drive the top of my foot on an angle into my attackers groin.

I make it a point to withdraw it quickly.

Like yesterday I usually execute this kick in one of three different ways at a beginning level.

I can shuffle in, shift forward or shift away and kick with my lead leg.

http://youtu.be/buWq_A1oWmA

Putting my hips into this move is a two step idea.

I tilt my hips up as I lift my leg up and I turn slightly to drive my body behind the kick.

I can start in a Forward bow but I can also start in neutral. I can step forward into the Bow and use this forward momentum to give power to the kick.

But as I stated yesterday, what I get in power, I may lose in speed.

Without prejudice

No comments:

Post a Comment